[ZPatterns] ZPatterns Extensions and howto

Roché Compaan roche@upfrontsystems.co.za
16 Aug 2002 20:11:15 +0200

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 18:32, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 18:01 16/08/2002, you wrote:
> >John Eikenberry wrote:
> > > Just to quickly chime in... We also have what I would consider a pret=
ty
> > large
> > > code-base (~55000 lines of code w/ comments) that uses ZPatterns
> > extensively.
> > > We're not planning on ditching that or ZPatterns in the foreseeable
> > future.
> > >
> > > We are already using Steve's Transaction Agents/ZedPatterns and I thi=
nk
> > > additional extensions and somewhere to find them (and some docs) woul=
> > be very
> > > helpful.
> > >

> >Good to hear.  I hoped more people would put up their hands.
> >
> >I'm thinking of releasing our Extensions as is for now.  I don't have
> >time to really clean it up and in my spare time I work on the ZPatterns
> >howto which is becoming quite lengthy.
>
> I do not know who has Zope2.5 compatible ZPatterns.

You can use Steve Alexander's ZedPatterns/TransactionAgents:
http://www.cat-box.net/steve/TransactionAgents

> I am interested with your Extensions especially the SQLRack (even if I am=

> not sure I got the whole picture ;-(
>
> I am working on refactoring a tool which builds both a database and its
> Zope management interface. I did not use ZPatterns which this thread make=
> me think I should have done (I used them previously).

Can you elaborate on this.  It sounds like some of the ideas you have
can definitely be useful as extensions to ZPatterns especially the
generation of a ZMI for a class. I think auto-generation of formulator
forms for the management of a class will be really cool.

> Is the ZPatterns howto online ?

The howto is still a work in progress and is turning out to be quite a
big job. Although I indicated that I wanted to release my extensions and
the howto this weekend I'm putting this off for another week. I hope to
make some real progress this weekend. Hope you can wait a while.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za