[ZPatterns] Anybody still on this list?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Dec 18 18:10:53 EST 2006

At 03:33 PM 12/18/2006 -0500, Steve Spicklemire wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I was just curious to see if anyone was still on this list. If so..
>I'm interested in getting ZPatterns to work in more recent versions
>of Python/Zope. So far I've got it built with Python-2.3/Zope-2.7.9.
>I'm wondering if it might be possible to dispense with DynPersist.

Um, maybe?  :)

>know that was the intention at one time. Let me know if you have
>thoughts about this!

Gosh, it's been so many years.  Taking a quick glance at:

http://cvs.eby-sarna.com/ZProducts/ZPatterns/DynPersist.c?rev=1.7&view=markup

it seems to me that the __set_attr__ and __del_attr__ hooks could be
implemented in pure Python since Python 2.2, assuming that Zope was no
longer using ExtensionClass for persistence.  Not so sure about the
__get_attr__ hook, or how any of this should work with today's Zope or
ZODB; I haven't used them in absolutely ages, except running one Plone site
for my business (doing no custom coding at all).