[ZPatterns] LoginManager: programmatically logging someone in

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:42:51 -0500

At 05:48 PM 1/20/03 +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:

>  - otherwise, it should update the user record with their
>    username/password/etc, *and log the user in*.

What does "log the user in" mean?  It depends on the LoginMethods
used.  For example, you *can't* "log the user in with basic auth.  If
you're using cookies, you need to set the cookie (and perhaps issue a
redirect to the desired page).

I don't recall there being a standard way to ask a login method to do
something like this.  The "credentialsChanged" thing is for changing the
credentials of a user that might *already* be logged in.