[ZPatterns] Re: [Zope-Coders] DynPersist doesn't like Python2.2.x + Zope Trunk

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:22:41 -0400

At 05:52 PM 10/16/02 +0000, Steve Alexander wrote:
>Steve Alexander wrote:
>>Hi folks,
>>I just tried upgrading a Zope server to the current Zope Trunk along with
>>Python 2.2.2. The Zope server was already working just fine with Zope
>>2.5.something and Python 2.2.1.
>>Everything works fine except for classes derived from DataSkin in the
>>ZPatterns product. Whenever such an object is accessed, Zope dies,
>>attempts to restart itself, but can't as some stuck process still holds
>>the database file open.
>
>This was a bug introduced in the Zope 2.6 betas, which is now fixed in the
>Zope trunk, and will be fixed for Zope 2.6 final.
>
>Thanks due to Jeremy for locating the bug and applying the fix.
>
>Don't use the current 2.6 beta release for ZPatterns applications. The 2.6
>final release should work fine, but you will need to recompile DynPersist.so.
>
>Perhaps someone with Windows tools can contribute a DynPersist.dll/pyd for
>use with Zope 2.6?

I can build one if you will send me a .zip file containing a "setup.py" and
all needed source to build.  I don't have time to track down any missing
pieces, though, so please make sure everything that's needed (e.g. any
persistence or extensionclass header files) are included in the .zip and
are referenced in the right way by the setup.py and the .c files.

In other words, if all I gotta do is "unzip ...; cd ...; python setup.py
build" and then send you the .pyd file, I'm your man.  :)

Also, Steve...  Ty and I are now potentially in a position to offer you
commit privileges for ZPatterns and our other Zope-related stuff in our
CVS, if you want it.  E-mail us off-list if you'd like to discuss it.  Thanks.