[ZPatterns] Re: [Zope-Coders] DynPersist doesn't like Python2.2.x + Zope Trunk

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 04:21:13 -0400

The Zope2 version of cPersistence.c hasn't changed in a while.  There
were definitely problems with Python 2.2.1 and cPersistence, which
could lead to segfaults with some platforms/compilers/linkers.  But
you were using 2.2.1 without trouble, right?

Can you create and manipulate instances of the DataSkin classes in a
standalone interpreter session.  It might be possible to provoke a
crash in a more isolated environment and then grab a C stack trace
from the debugger; that's usually the best place to start.

It sounds like getting rid of the C extension might be a good solution
for a lot of reasons.  If you don't mind, though, I'd appreciate it if
you could dig in a little.  This could be a Python or ZODB bug that
only gets provoked when you add another C extension to the mix.  It
would be great if we could at least diagnose the problem.

Jeremy