[ZPatterns] ZPatterns and Zope 6.0b1 problem

James Gilbert james@vivitec.com.au
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:12:18 +1000

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with ZPatterns and Zope 6. I've been able
to recompile DynPersist.c ok. The problem occurs when I attempt
to create a new item in a rack. Zope automatically shuts down
and restarts. I've managed to track the problem to the
_RawItem(self, key) function in the Rack class. In it the call to
item._setId(key) is where the crash is occuring. I've been unable
to dig any further in than this as yet.

What makes it more difficult is that I'm in the process of upgrading
our CMF-based code from Zope 2.4.x to 2.6, and CMF from 1.1 to 1.3,
so both these things may also be contributing, although I think
I've ironed out most of the problems there.

If anyone has had any similar difficulties or has any ideas on where
I should look, I'd love to hear from you.

For now I'll try Zope 2.5.1 and CMF 1.3 and see how that goes, as
it appears people have had no problems with ZPatterns and 2.5.1.

TIA

James