[ZPatterns] Re: [ZODB-Dev] deadlock prevention for ZODB3 / Zope 2.6

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:14:32 -0500

  >>> The implementation of deadlock prevention requires changes to
  >>> the storage and transaction data manager APIs.  Each must now
  >>> implement a sortKey() method that returns a string that can be
  >>> used to sort the storages.
  >>

  >> I just updated to the 2.6 maintenance branch, and started getting
  >> these log messages: jar missing sortKey() method:
  >>
  >> I have a couple of class that hook into to transaction manager
  >> API.  They are obviously affected by this change, although I
  >> hadnt realised this before seeing your timely log message.

  SA> I bet this applies to ZPatterns / TransactionAgents too.

I'd be interested to hear if it did.  If there are multiple _p_jars
(does that sound better?) that use locks, the ought to make sure that
they have a sensible sortKey().

Jeremy