[ZPatterns] [Fwd: Re: [ZODB-Dev] new cPickleCache in CVS]

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:59:59 +0000

Hi Folks,

Looks like DynPersist.c may need changing for compatibility with Zope 2.6.

Then again, I was thinking of getting rid of that for the next release
of ZedPatterns, and replacing it with python __getattr__ and __setattr__
hooks.

I'm really busy with Zope3 stuff at the moment, so if anyone wants to
contribute an update, I'll gladly roll it into a ZedPatterns /
TransactionAgents release.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] new cPickleCache in CVS
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:42:31 +0000
From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk>

<deleted text>

The cvs version has extra debugging checks enabled, which incurr a
moderate performance penalty. Anyone looking for high performance
should remove the MUCH_RING_CHECKING define at the top of
cPickleCache.c. I plan to delay making that the default for as long as
possible; possibly even including the first public beta of 2.6

One thing to point out; this new scheme breaks source compatability
for persistent classes implemented in C. Check out the diff to
BTreeTemplate.c for an idea of what needs changing. I hope that noone
need the warning who isnt on this list.

--
Steve Alexander