[ZPatterns] Current issues with ZPatterns

Roché Compaan roche@upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:11:24 +0200

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:20:43 +0000
Steve Alexander <steve@cat-box.net> wrote:

> Roché Compaan wrote:
> > Now that the repository is up and running at sourceforge there are two
> > issues with ZPatterns that needs attention and I don't really have the
> > answers :-(
> >
> > Firstly, ZPatterns is not running on Zope 2.6
>
> I have ZPatterns / TransactionAgents running on Zope 2.6.
>
> Which version of ZPatterns are you using?

Oops, I forgot to recompile DynPersist. It's working fine on 2.6 now.

> > Secondly, dataskins sometimes forget about their data managers. In
> > DataSkins.py around line 210 I often get key errors because '_v_dm_' is
> > not set.
>
> Are you using subtransactions?

No.  I run a bunch of unit tests with ZUnit and start a new transaction
in my setup code and abort the whole transaction in the tear down.

> Can you set up a reproducable example of this happening?

Yes I can.  I can set up a sandbox and give you access to our box if
you want to look at it.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za