[ZPatterns] LDAP UserSource

Roché Compaan roche@upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:31:46 +0200

Roché Compaan wrote:
> Steve Spicklemire wrote:
>  > Hi Roche,
>  >
>  > Nope.. but I've used LDAP queries with Generic User Source. It seems
>  > to work pretty well. What specifically would an LDAP User Source do
>  > that would be hard with a GUS?
>
> I don't know, I've just started using LDAP and was hoping for some
> shortcuts ;-)  Looking at it now it seems that I can very easily just
> create a LDAPUser subclassed from LoginUser and query my ldap server
> from python.

I was being stupid and blind.  I didn't know there was a LDAPConnection
available for Zope that already provides ldap queries.  I imagined a lot
of legwork that had to be done to get this up and running ;-)

I can however imagine something like a LDAPUserSource that generates
ldap queries and SkinScript based on the schema of the dataskin, just
like a SQLRack does.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za