[ZPatterns] BetterLocalRolesMixin in LoginManager

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:22:15 +1000

Steve Alexander wrote:

>Tim McLaughlin wrote:
>
>  > Anybody know why this mixin is necessary for LoginManager?  I'm willing
>  > to bet that it isn't necessary anymore, because when I took it out, it
>  > fixed some acquisitional security issues that I was having (too
>  > complicated to explain :)
>  >
>  > Any thoughts?  Did I do something that is going to create security
>  > holes, etc?
>

>I took it out in my personal version of LoginManager.
>
>This was introduced inot LoginManager to make computable local roles.
>
>The same feature was later put into Zope, using slightly different means.

Steve, this is very interesting... removing the mixin could eliminate
a LoginManager bug that keeps bugging me. Which version of Zope do
you have LM working in without the mixin - would it work in 2.3.2?
And, are there any tricks I should know if I want to remove it myself?

TIA,

Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --