[ZPatterns] problems w/ Folder w/ Customizer Support

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:37:22 +0100

Tim McLaughlin wrote:

> I tried the patch, and then a few other things, but all to no avail.
> I'm not in the groove enough to comprehend the underlying func of ZP,
> so, regrettably, I seem to be getting nowhere.  I'm starting to imagine
> that I did something silly/stupid that is causing this not to work.  I
> just can't imagine what it was.  Here's what I did...
> 1. Install ZP
> 2. Instantiate Folder w/ Custom
> 3. Made ZClass that subclasses Dataskin
> 4. Tried to instantiate ZClass in Folder w/ Custom
> and no go.

Thanks Tim.

It would really help me to work out what's happening if you can post the
  error that Zope gives you, and the full traceback, after applying the
patch.

It should, at the least, be slightly different than what you get before
applying the patch.

I'll have a go at reproducing this myself later.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer