[ZPatterns] re: Problem in latest ZPatterns: setattr, id, etc.

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:46:01 +0100

Jean Jordaan wrote:

> Is there any word on the status of this patch and the "official"
> ZPatterns? Steve has incorporated it into his "ZedPatterns"
> release, but we're not in a position to switch some clients of
> ours to Python 2.1, Zope 2.4, as required by TransactionAgents:
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2001-July/001182.html

It shouldn't be too hard to make TransactionAgents / ZedPatterns work
with an older Python/Zope.

It *might* only be that the list comprehensions need changing into maps
/ filters / for-loops. You could try that, and see if it works.
I can post an untested patch if you like.

However, I'm not using older Python/Zope at all just now, so it would be
a hassle for me to test on those platforms.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer