[ZPatterns] re: Problem in latest ZPatterns: setattr, id, etc.

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:35:25 +0200

Hi all

In
http://www.eby-sarna.com/pipermail/zpatterns/2001-July/000098.html
Steve Alexander provides a patch for a ZPatterns issue involving
'_v_parent' (.. I'm getting bitten by this issue at the moment, so
I was *very* grateful to find the patch in the list archives ..)

In
http://www.eby-sarna.com/pipermail/zpatterns/2001-July/000105.html
Itai Tavor asks:

> Well, hopefully, now that we know of the bug, a tested fix can be
> incorporated into the official release? Phillip?

Is there any word on the status of this patch and the "official"
ZPatterns? Steve has incorporated it into his "ZedPatterns"
release, but we're not in a position to switch some clients of
ours to Python 2.1, Zope 2.4, as required by TransactionAgents:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2001-July/001182.html

I didn't notice a Status or Roadmap on
http://www.zope.org/Members/pje/Wikis/ZPatterns/
Will ZPatterns be evolving, subject to available time, or has the
focus shifted to something else?

Regards,
Jean