[ZPatterns] bug using ZedPatterns with Zope 2.5

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:50:18 +0000

Hi Folks,

There's a bug with using ZedPatterns with Zope 2.5.

The fix is simple. Apply this patch to ZPatterns/Expressions.py.

*** Expressions.py.original
--- Expressions.py
***************
*** 50,56 ****
         stack._push(InstanceDict(object,stack))"""

       # Called by Zope only
!     def validate(self, inst, parent, name, value, md):
           return getSecurityManager().validate(inst, parent, name, value)

         stack._push(InstanceDict(object,stack))"""

       # Called by Zope only
!     def validate(self, inst, parent, name, value, md=None):
           return getSecurityManager().validate(inst, parent, name, value)

The annoying thing is that I fixed this bug in the Zope core for Zope
2.5a1. I didn't think to check ZPatterns for the same bug! Doh!

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer