[ZPatterns] ZPatterns 0.4.3 final for Zope 2.3.x released

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:11:01 -0500

At 10:27 AM 6/26/01 +1000, Itai Tavor wrote:

>Now for the problem: You mentioned some time ago that clicking
>"Remove orphaned slots" in the new ZPatterns release would convert
>old-style Racks to the new B-Tree format. I just tried it, and it
>deleted all data from the Rack.

Argh.  It's a bug.  And a *stupid* typo at that.  Line 422, which reads:

                if self.getItem(id) is None: continue

Should actually read:

                if self.getItem(k) is None: continue

I guess the people doing testing for me had already upgraded their BTrees,
and didn't try packing.  I personally only tested for conversion of empty
btrees.

>BTW, you say above "Zope 2.3.3 or better is required". The ZPatterns
>web page says "2.3.x". Which is it then?

Um, whichever has the new BTrees.  I originally wrote up all the stuff as
2.3.x, but then I realized that the new BTrees didn't come along till
fairly late in the game, which I thought was 2.3.3, but I could be confused.

Meanwhile, nobody pack their racks...  I'm going to get this thing fixed
and re-uploaded right now.