[ZPatterns] ZPatterns not TTW, step 2

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:23:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> It should, as the Storage tab queries both Python ZClass bases *and*
> ZClasses (note the "unified ZClass registry" references).  So you should be

Yeah, I'd followed that down a bit and figured out I just needed to
register the class as a base.  But I also see in the Zope code that
registering a class as a base basically creates a zclass from the
base class and puts that in the zclass base class list (if I'm reading
the code right).  However, in the end it doesn't really matter, as it
lets me do what I want to do.

> Rack._defaultClass.  You can set these to Python classes directly in Python
> code, but then the Storage tab won't work properly.  It's best to just
> register your class as a ZClass base, because then someone using your
> product can always create a subclass and change the Rack to use it.

OK, this makes sense.  I'd rather *not* disable the storage tab, as I
do want someone to be able to override the defaults I'm providing.

--RDM