[ZPatterns] ZPatterns not TTW, step 2

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:19:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Steve Spicklemire wrote:
> So a ZClass wouldn't be strictly necessary.

Any clue how I'd go about getting a Rack to use a non-ZClass as
the wrapper class for the returned objects? I'm looking at
_v_itemConstructor in Rack.py, and it looks like it requires a
zlass.  However, it is in a section that says "Optionally Overrideable",
but at this stage of my ZPatterns Zen I have no clue how to go
about override it.  Especially since I have *no* clue what the
black magic line using ComputedAttribute after the def of the
function does...

Actually I have a glimmer of a maybe-understanding, but it is making
my brain hurt to think about it <grin>.  If I'm right the answer
might be as simple as setting _v_itemConstructor equal to the class,
but I don't trust my maybe-understanding very far.

--RDM