[ZPatterns] large ZPatterns bug with Zope 2.4

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:36:46 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:

> I'm storing DataSkins in a Rack.
>
> I'm upgrading a Zope 2.3 application to use Zope 2.4 and Python 2.1
>
> I'm using the latest CVS of ZPatterns.
>
> I've recompiled all the PythonScripts and (for good measure) refreshed
> all the SkinScript. External method available on request. I recompiled
> DynPersist.
>

> There's an incompatibility between ExtensionClasses in Zope 2.4 and what
> DataSkin's __of__ method expects.

Nope. Disregard what I wrote before. I'd misread some of my debug output.

The problem is this line:

   DataSkins.py, line 296, method __of__

     # Bound to unwrapped parent, just try again
     if type(parent) is not _iaw or not hasattr(parent,'REQUEST'):
         return self

For some reason, parent had the attribute REQUEST in Zope 2.3, and
doesn't have the attribute REQUEST in Zope 2.4.

Digging deeper...

--
Steve Alexander