[ZPatterns] Rack.getItem returning attributeless objects (ZPatterns newbie)

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:06:39 -0500

Phillip Crumpler wrote:

> WITH SQL_get(id=self.id) COMPUTE id, name

This also needs to be:

WITH QUERY SQL_get(id=self.id) COMPUTE id, name

-steve

> Natuarally the first person to answer will be dobbing themselves in for a
> bunch of other question, like:
> - what is the best way to use auto generated ids from the database? Override
> the Racks newKey method to get a new value from the db?

I usually come up with a domain specific means of generating ids. It's
handy if they are meaningful somehow.

> - is there any more doco available about this sort of thing? At the moment i
> have the wiki (which is excellent) and the SkinScript syntax guide.

Have you seen the DumbZPatternsExample?

http://www.zope.org/Members/sspickle/DumbZPatternsExample

I'm working on a database storage example right now.. should be out soon.

-steve