[ZPatterns] RE: ZCatalog becoming empty when using "Update" in conjunction with ZPatterns

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:51:06 +0200

Hi Steve

Thanks for the suggestions :)

>   Change the ZCatalog to use unrestrictedTraverse rather than
>   restrictedTraverse when finding objects to reindex

Hmm, grep -r "\<restrictedTraverse\>" Products/ZCatalog/*
returns nothing .. ('version.txt' contains: ZCatalog-2-2-0).

>   Upgrade to Zope 2.4 (you'll need TransactionAgents...)

We need to do this in any case. In the short term, I think I'll
just build a new Catalog and stay away from the Update button ..

Regards,
Jean