[ZPatterns] Newbie asks about ZPatterns reliability. Was: Why is class_default_for_ method unbound?

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:10:12 +1000

In my experience, the problems we were discussing have nothing to do
with reliability, and are certainly no reason to avoid deploying
ZPatterns-based applications today. Using ZPatterns does mean you're
not able to upgrade immediately to new Zope versions, but you can
leave a live site running with its current Zope and have no
reliability problems. And while LoginManager is very fragile,
problems with it pop up during development. Once you got a tested,
working application you should have nothing to worry about.

ZPatterns is a great tool. It's got its dark side, but then so does
everything else. I wouldn't be wasting my time with it if I didn't
trust it for production systems.