[ZPatterns] Newbie asks about ZPatterns reliability. Was: Why is class_default_for_ method unbound?

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:48:02 -0500

Hi Gary,

	I think that ZPatterns is wonderful, and highly useful technology.
I would not hesitate to build apps using it (in fact I do!). The
"problems" mostly revolve around keeping the sources up to date with a
rapidly evolving "Zope". I think the official (i.e., CVS) ZPatterns is
not currently up to date with Zope 2.4. Steve Alexander has done a
wonderful job of finding bugs and fixing them (and releasing the
fixes!). I think you should at least *look* at ZPatterns and see if it's
features would be helpful in your application. If there are bugs in
SteveA's patches, it will only help t find them sooner if more people
exercise the code. Once found, most of these bugs are fixed in hours, if
not days.

Just my opinion... of course. ;-)

-steve