[ZPatterns] Newbie asks about ZPatterns reliability. Was: Why is class_default_for_ method unbound?

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:35:52 -0400

OK, forgive a de-lurking newbie who is trying to get up to speed on
ZPatterns.  The exchange below suddenly made me very nervous.  While
ZPatterns is, after all, listed as "Development" software, I had hoped that
it might be somewhat reasonable to base a production system on it...with
appropriate testing, yes, but with some confidence in ZPatterns' stability.
This exchange seemed to call my hope into question.

Would anyone care to give me a feeling for where they think this product
stands?  Should I base my app on it, or look elsewhere for now, keeping an
eye on later ZPatterns releases?

Sorry for the newbie question. :-{  Thank you for what looks to be a very
elegant and well-thought-out approach, be it usable now or only in the
future!

Thanks

Gary