[ZPatterns] Why is class_default_for_ method unbound?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:37:53 -0500

At 09:43 AM 8/23/01 +1000, Itai Tavor wrote:
>>At 09:36 AM 8/22/01 +1000, Itai Tavor wrote:
>>>It bothers me that nobody else ever hit this problem. So nobody ever had
>>>the need to use class_default_ for web-callable methods.
>>
>>No, just web-callable methods placed in the Python class.
>
>Ok... so is the alternative supposed to be
>class_default_for_method=DTMLFile('method', globals())? Or are there other
>ways?
>
>The above, BTW, breaks LoginManager. But since breathing too heavily near
>the computer breaks LoginManager, I don't feel like investigating it.

I'm hoping Ty and I will both have some bandwidth soon (maybe during
September) to address the many outstanding issues affecting ZPatterns and
LoginManager.  It is likely that we'll target Zope 2.4 after a brief
transition period to 2.3.  Right now, our production systems using
ZPatterns and LoginManager are all still stuck on 2.2.  We've both been
busy with different, but very involved projects involving other systems,
and personal projects such as Ty's currently ongoing move.