[ZPatterns] xml export/import of zclass based racks

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:40:44 +0100

Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I would need the xml-export next week. Could you make available, what
> you have ?

I've sent some stuff to Joachim privately. It consists of a couple of
hacky horrible external methods, and a runtime patch product to fix a
bug in minidom where it doesn't like non-ascii characters.

The external methods are pretty much tied to the application I wrote
them for. If enyone else really wants to have a copy, I'll send them
along. However, I don't want to put them out in the wild in case people
expect me to support them, or get stung when they don't work properly.

For most purposes, exporting the rack as a Zope .zexp, or using Zope's
XML export is probably the best way to go. After you've re-imported the
rack, query it for its persistent item ids, and index the ids in the
ZCatalogs of your choice.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer