[PEAK] PEAK-Rules for Python3

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Mar 23 00:44:20 EDT 2015

To answer the earlier question, I'm probably not going to be
interested in integrating patches (unless they are relatively small)
as I don't expect I will be moving to Python 3 myself.  As I believe
I've mentioned before, the key challenges to getting PEAK-Rules
working on Python 3 are getting its dependencies working first (mainly
DecoratorTools and BytecodeAssembler, but also AddOns and Extremes).
I would be interested in seeing what patches are needed for those
modules to fulfill their tests on Python 3 before I'd look at
integrating PEAK-Rules stuff.  In general, I don't have a lot of time
for hacking Python stuff these days, as it doesn't overlap with my
work life very much any more.  And when it comes to hobby time, I've
also become rather fond of Node and Coffeescript.  (Which now make
Python look to me like an overly complicated and restrictive language
by comparison, oddly enough.)  Anyway, I'm willing to integrate
reasonable patches, and can offer advice, but not much in the way of
actual development or testing.