[PEAK] Trellis throws an error related to metaclass in python 2.6.5

Christopher Stelma chris at digsby.com
Fri Oct 1 10:44:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 2:04 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 05:30 PM 9/29/2010 -0400, Christopher Stelma wrote:
>>
>> After seeing same error and the update to DecoratorTools in response,
>> I applied a slightly different fix(?) for the problem.
>
> Sorry, I don't quite understand your question.  Does the official fix break
> something for you?  It sort of sounds like you want to have classy ABCs,
> except that you're also saying you don't use them.  So, I'm confused.  ;-)

No, the official fix doesn't break anything for me.  You're correct, I
currently have no use for such a class, but I don't see why a "classy
ABC" cannot exist. However, on second look, "super(classy_class,
classy_class)" still isn't going to work 100% in the hypothetical case
where there are more metaclasses to deal with, so my change is
incomplete.

I was going through diffs and, in the interests of library code,
thought I'd post it.  Without an actual use case, it doesn't matter
whatsoever; feel free to ignore.

--
Christopher Stelma
Digsby Developer - digsby.com