[PEAK] Patch: Update RuleDispatch for python-2.7

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Aug 2 16:59:18 EDT 2010

At 02:35 PM 8/2/2010 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>The maintainers took a look but spotted a non-technical change right off the
>bat that isn't necessarily a deal-breaker but does mean a huge amount of
>work and potentially could cause problems.
>
>Looks like 0.5.2 relicensed to the Apache Software license v2.  That license
>is incompatible with the GPLv2

Ah, fudge.  I could've sworn it was GPL-compatible.  It's just this
sort of licensing issue I was trying to avoid.

That *really* sucks, as I rather prefer Apache.  Oh well.

>Would you be willing to change the license back to PSF or ZPL (with
>versions if possible)?

How about just ZPL 2.1?  I'd really like to drop the alternate
methods of licensing stuff.

By the way, I just got done making a BytecodeAssembler 0.6 release
that has full 2.7 support (no test failures, full forward/back
emulation), and I've updated PEAK-Rules in SVN to eliminate all the
spurious doctest failures.  (At least, I can't get any more such
failures across 2 machines and 5 versions of Python.)