[PEAK] Patch: Update RuleDispatch for python-2.7

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:33:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 04:11:16AM -0400, P.J. Eby wrote:
> So, what I've done for now is release an 0.5.2 "compatibility
> release" of BytecodeAssembler with just the quick workarounds, then
> later I'll release an 0.6 with a more "symbolic" disassembler that
> can handle the emulations transparently for testing purposes.  (And
> with support for SETUP_WITH and some improved LIST_APPEND handling.)
>
> Meanwhile, PEAK-Rules's svn version now appears to have only cosmetic
> test failures on 2.7, when used with BytecodeAssembler 0.5.2.  It's
> not perfect by any means, but then, it looks like most of those
> shallow failures were happening with 2.6 anyway.  ;-)
>
> Please let me know whether this is sufficient for you to be able to
> offer PEAK-Rules on 2.7 for now.

Thanks for the quick response -- I'll get 0.5.2 checked into our tree today
and forward your message to our peak-rules/bytecode-assembler maintainers so
they can make a decision about what to do about the more shallow failures.
Since we're at our Alpha release right now and have a little less than two
months to get everything in for the final release, I think this will be
sufficient for our needs but I'll leave the decision to them
:-)

Thanks!
-Toshio