[PEAK] setuptools: Test works only after second invocation

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Apr 29 12:10:37 EDT 2010

At 11:47 AM 4/29/2010 -0400, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>   File "/home/nikratio/bla/src/s3ql/block_cache.py", line 1, in <module>
>     class CacheEntry(file):
>TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>     cannot create 'builtin_function_or_method' instances

It's a bug in setuptools.sandbox that's swapping the 'file' and
'open' builtins after doing an install from source; I've now fixed it in svn.

Thanks for the bug report!  It's unlikely I'd have found out about
this one any other way.

Anyway, Upgrade with 'easy_install setuptools==dev06' to get the fixed version.