[PEAK] DeprecationWarning under python 2.6

Kyle VanderBeek kylev at kylev.com
Tue Jun 23 17:08:16 EDT 2009

A great deal of PEAK-Rules will cause DeprecationWarnings to be
issued.  As a maintainer of several related and dependent Fedora
packages, I need to get this fixed.  Even a trivial use such as this
will cause problems:

from peak.rules import before

def foo():
    pass

@before(foo, "True")
def bar():
    pass

This results in:

/usr/local/py26/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PEAK_Rules-0.5a1.dev_r2582-py2.6.egg/peak/rules/indexing.py:220:
DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters

Essentially, object() in 2.6 shouldn't get any parameters to its
__new__ special method, and that's exactly what BitmapIndex is doing.
Does anyone have a patch to fix this?  I'm working on fully
understanding peak.rules, so I haven't quite wrapped my head around
the right fix yet.

kylev at kylev.com
 Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.