[PEAK] Trellis future (forking)

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:38:42 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-12, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 02:22 PM 6/12/2009 +0300, Sergey Schetinin wrote:
>
> >  * is "trellis" as package name ok? (it would be trellis-fork on pypi
> > and similar)
> >

>  I would request that you use a namespace package for the covering
> organization, ala osaf.*, zope.*, peak.* etc.  That is, 'yourname.trellis',
> where yourname is something that identifies you or your organization.  It
> could be 'ss' if you don't already have such a namespace.

I have, so it's mext.trellis then.

>  Other than that, good luck!  If you write any good documentation,
> tutorials, etc., would love to take a look for back-contribution, to the
> extent they are compatible.

Thanks. I hope there will be some bits you'd consider useful. Also,
any feedback you can give is very welcome, so whenever you take a look
at the changes your thoughts on them would be appreciated.

>  In the long run, I hope to do more with the Trellis myself, along the lines
> of some of Coherence's features.  But then, as they say, in the long run we
> are all dead anyway.  ;-)

I also wanted to have a go at implementing Coherence "latches" but I
guess I'll keep that out of trunk at first.

--
Best Regards,
Sergey Schetinin

http://s3bk.com/ -- S3 Backup