[PEAK] Re: trellis.Set.discard

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:20:07 EDT 2008

> Hm.  ISTM that this is a bug in Component creation, in that it should push
> and restore read-onlyness.  The make() should be idempotent with respect to
> the @compute rule.  Are there any other use cases for side transactions?  So
> far it seems to me that the use cases are all just fixing Trellis bugs.  :)

Well, these are the ones I'm certain about. Also, the other one, with
c.flag = True, can it be fixed without side-txn? Another issue is that
discrete rules do not reset before returning from component
instantiation, I don't have a use case where it matters, but it does
break the promise of independent initialization. Anyway, if these can
be fixed with minimal changes, off the top of my head I can't name any
significantly different use cases, but I wouldn't be surprised if they
come up later. I'll see if I can dig up any tomorrow.

Also, if you have a minute, can you please give your opinion on error
where rollback sets next_listener of Constant?

> By the way, thank you for reporting and investigating all these bugs.
>  Hopefully I'll have some time soon to fix them all, now that it's
> reasonably clear how to do so.

Thank you for your help!