[PEAK] Trellis Update Blues...

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 04:55:03 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I took the dive today and updated the code to the new Trellis format.
In the end it wasn't as bad as I thought it be from a code change point of
view.

Unfortunately now I'm seeing an almost 10 fold decrease in the performance
of my code.
Nothing is change except the trellis adaptation to the new API.
Before change, using Trellis 0.6a3, I got something like 40 ms execution of
a drawing method. Now I'm getting 344 ms with 0.7a2.

My trellis component is basically comprised of a dictionary containing a
series of measurements and a group of attrs and compute attrs that use these
measurements to output the drawing parameters. (around 400 LOC)

Any idea about how should I approach this predicament is welcomed.
What should I try?

Peter

--
There is NO FATE, we are the creators.