[PEAK] issues with Trellis event loops and threads

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:35:24 EDT 2008

Well, I get that, but I think that essentially, the only thing I need
is to have the same Time instance be the current in more than one
thread. As long as that is true the newly created dependency in the
non-eventloop thread will schedule a recalc in the main one. I realize
that it depends on EventLoop implementation in use and that it might
break with a future release, but I certainly think that in my case
it's a lesser evil than isolating the threads cells completely. And
the way Service and State are implemented I'm struggling to find a way
to do that. So if you could suggest a way to accomplish that,
hopefully that's all I need. Also, if you have any ideas on how
Trellis could handle multiple threads in the future (if there are any
plans for that), that would be great to know.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Sergey Schetinin