[PEAK] Trellis 0.6a1 release

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Jan 12 21:29:41 EST 2008

I forgot to post an announcement earlier this week, but I've released
Trellis 0.6a1 to the Cheeseshop.  There are many API changes since
the 0.5b1 release; if you find that something has had its name
changed or its import location moved, please note that you should not
blindly update your code to the new name or location!  In all cases,
the use of a renamed or relocated API means you need to review or
change the code surrounding your API call.

There are substantial new documents on the Wiki about the new
features and modules, including:

* peak.events.stm (Software Transactional Memory)

* peak.events.activity (event loops, co-operative multitasking, and
time services including timeouts and delays)

* peak.events.collections (miscellaneous Trellis-managed data structures)

The tutorial has been significantly revised, especially with respect
to how mutable data structures are handled, and the new ability for
rules to update mutable data structures -- both trellis-managed and
otherwise.  *Please* review it before you try to port code that's
based on 0.5b1.

Actually, despite all my warnings, if your code uses only simple
rules, values, and components, you might not need to make any changes
at all!  But it's not likely that you've got a significant
0.5b1-based application that doesn't use any of the changed APIs.