[PEAK] New Trellis "time" services in peak.events.activity

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Oct 30 16:43:51 EDT 2007

FYI, I've just checked in a Trellis update that adds some new
time-related services.  Docs are here:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/Trellis#managing-activities-in-clock-time

This is basically a way to let you do time-based rules without
depending on a specific event loop implementation, as long as your
application includes at least one rule to tie the time service to the
application's native scheduler (e.g. wx.Timer objects or reactor.callLater).

Next up, I'll be adding objects that let you manage pseudo-processes:
Activity objects that can be started, stopped, report an error
result, show a completion percentage and current status, etc.

I'm not certain at this moment if all this time and activity stuff
will remain in the Trellis package in the long term; it might get
split into a future TrellisIO or maybe TrellisActivity package.  But
even if I move it later, your imports (from peak.events.activity)
should remain unchanged.