[PEAK] Trellis API in SVN

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 13 17:48:39 EDT 2007

The docs are non-existent, but my example emails from the last week
or so should provide general guidance.  In fact, I would go so far as
to say NOT to read the documentation yet (especially not the README,
after the first few sections), in order not to get confused!

Note that Time, IO, Signals, and timestamps aren't available yet,
just the raw cells core.  To install, use:

    easy_install svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/DecoratorTools
    easy_install svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/ObjectRoles
    easy_install svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/Contextual
    easy_install svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/Trellis

This is necessary because I ended up needing to modify DecoratorTools
and ObjectRoles in order to adequately support the new Trellis
API.  (And Contextual doesn't have a Cheeseshop release yet.)

Contextual isn't actually used by the Trellis yet, except to import
an exception class and a utility function.  But this will change as
the various services get added (like Time, IO, and Signals).

If you want to do source checkouts instead of installing eggs, you
can simply check out the svn URLs directly, and use "setup.py
develop" to install them in develop mode.

Please let me know if you have any questions or discover any bugs.  I
expect to begin work next week on some actual documentation and
re-organized tests, followed by support for timestamps, and various
time/task services.