[PEAK] easy_install workingenv ?

Jorge Vargas jorge.vargas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:32:20 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> Jorge Vargas wrote:
> > Hi I was about to try out working env for the first time so I install
> > it from cheeseshop to my surprise it only puts the egg in
> > site-packages. I went to
> > http://svn.colorstudy.com/home/ianb/workingenv/ and it seems to not
> > have a setup.py file either, how can this be done? shouldn't
> > workingenv have a console_script that will be installed systemwide?
>
> Since it's for installation, I decided not to make it necessary to
> install it; seemed too meta.
indeed but I think the assumption is that everything you can
easy_install that your supposed to run will provide a console script,
if it doesn't then it's an API.

> You are supposed to simply download and run the script.
yes I just figure that getting it off site-packages and running it on
my home worked fine.

this seems very nice, specially for making sure a release is consistant. thanks.