[PEAK] PEAK-Rules vs RuleDispatch.

Jorge Vargas jorge.vargas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:13:18 EST 2007

On 1/15/07, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 10:06 AM 1/15/2007 +0100, Elvelind Grandin wrote:
> >How is the development of PEAK-Rules going.
>
> >Is it ready to replace ruledispatch any time soon?
if this is not possible in the meantime could we get a release of ruledispatch?

> That doesn't mean I wouldn't do it for TG's sake, but connection to a
> paying project would make a huge difference in how soon it gets
> done.
Currently TG is stuck at having to download ruledispatch, for some
time we provided an egg but that was when everyone was downloading
from TG site right now since everyone is downloading from the
cheeseshop, we are forcing users to compile it which as you know it's
a pain in windows and a bit complicated in something like ubuntu [1]
that doesn't ships compiler/dev packages by default. Also some
packages we depend[2] on could be upgraded in the cheeseshop that will
make deployment a lot easier.

[1] http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/InstallUbuntu
[2] http://groups.google.co.uk/group/turbogears/browse_thread/thread/e741b54f99b20d70/d0a8e59b472a0ee0?lnk=gst&q=ubuntu&rnum=1#d0a8e59b472a0ee0