[PEAK] Pickling Trellis objects?

Justin Ryan justizin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 22:34:15 EDT 2007

On 8/12/07, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 12:55 AM 8/12/2007 -0500, David Eyk wrote:
> >I noticed Trellis in the Cheeseshop yesterday, and have been poking
> >around with it.  Very cool stuff, and made even better by the
> >uncommonly helpful tutorial.  Thanks!
> >
> >I would like to integrate Trellis into my current project, but I'm
> >fairly committed to using ZODB as a back-end for object persistence.
> >I looked into the trellis code a little, but I don't understand it
> >well enough to write __(get&set)states__ so that trellis objects will
> >pickle.
> >
> >My question:  is there or will there be any simple way to pickle
> >Component and Cell objects?
>
> I haven't given it any thought, actually.

Would it be crazy to try and adapt a persistent zope3 component to a
Component which can be managed by the trellis at runtime, but
serialized in simpler form?

--
Justin Alan Ryan
Advocate, VonGogo Foundation

"Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't
have to experience it"
- Max Frisch

Ideas expressed in personal e-mail messages are not necessarily
representative of any organization(s) I represent.