[PEAK] Trellis 0.5b1 released to the Cheeseshop

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Aug 10 15:29:08 EDT 2007

You can find it here:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Trellis

The manual on the Wiki has been updated quite a bit; you can find it here:

   http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/Trellis

Or, if you want to see the changes since I first announced the
tutorial, go here:

   http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/Trellis?action=diff&date=1185993742

There are a few things I ended up deciding not to document for this
release, but they're mostly things that might end up changing, and
are semi-internal or "experts only" stuff, like poll(), repeat(), and
ensure_recalculation().

Next up after this is work on the TrellisDB package and its
dependencies (i.e., Contextual and PEAK-Rules).  As part of that
work, the main Trellis code is likely to also get some support for
integrating with Contextual, and I'll be implementing more formal
"hub" and "spoke" features (and the priority-heap recalculation
algorithm that's needed for them).

This stuff will probably surface in 0.5b2, unless it ends up shaking
things up enough to call it 0.6b1 instead.  :)