[PEAK] Trellis tutorial on the wiki

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Aug 1 14:41:09 EDT 2007

I've just uploaded the current state of the Trellis dev
guide/tutorial to the PEAK wiki:

     http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/Trellis

There are a couple of sections still missing from the main tutorial,
and the reference section is just a skeleton, but what's there should
be a very useful introduction and how-to for the basic Trellis
features, including demos of how to link up random components as
models, views, and controllers of each other.  All with
doctest-tested examples for Python 2.4 and up.

At this point, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish the rest
of the manual in time to make an 0.5b1 release today, and I'm going
to be out of town tomorrow through Sunday, so the 0.5b1 release is
going to be delayed until next week.

In the meantime, though, the SVN version is feature complete,
although I may make a couple of minor changes to make debugging
easier and handle errors better.  I'm also considering temporarily
pulling the co-operative multitasking feature or at least changing
how it handles yielding values from the top level loop, as it has
some non-obvious interactions with the rest of the system.

If you look at the "Roadmap" on the wiki page, you'll see my notes
regarding the current open issues like these.  Not all of them will
result in changes to the release, though; most of them will in fact
be left open for 0.5b1.