[PEAK] easy_install connection problem

Mauricio Farah mafarah at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:41:18 EDT 2007

Hi, this is my first mail.

I have a problem with ez_setup.py. Whenever I use "easy_install" to download
and install a package I get the same connection refused error, for example
if I want to download geopy:

C:\Python25>easy_install geopy
Searching for geopy
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/geopy/
error: Download error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

I don't know what may be the problem. I had to install Pylons so I had to
download all single dependencies packages it has, one by one, recursively to
install it.

I'm using Python 2.5, on Windows XP, my setuptools version is 0.6c5. I also
have a firewall but turning it off doesn't help.

I hope someone has an idea and can help me with my problem.

Thanks in advance.