[PEAK] madness

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue May 30 14:05:22 EDT 2006

At 07:20 PM 5/30/2006 +0300, Vladimir Iliev wrote:
>hi,
>i've just upgraded my peak to the latest trunk, and when i tried to
>start my python, i've got this:
>
>'import site' failed; traceback:
>   File "c:\python24\lib\site.py", line 135, in addpackage
>     exec line
>   File "<string>", line 1
>     importing-1.9.1-py2.4.egg
>                   ^
>SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
>ideas ?

Edit your C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\easy-install.pth file, and change
that line to read './importing-1.9.1-py2.4.egg' instead.  Then upgrade to
the latest setuptools, either 0.7a1dev:

     ez_setup.py setuptools==dev

or 0.6b2dev:

     ez_setup.py setuptools==dev06

Sorry about the bug, it's a side effect of the package name.  I didn't
discover it on my local machine because I was using "develop" mode, which
uses an absolute path.  I've now fixed setuptools to always use
'./whatever' for paths in .pth files, so this should not reoccur once you
upgrade setuptools.