[PEAK] Trouble installing PEAK

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri May 12 18:30:26 EDT 2006

At 03:50 PM 5/11/2006 +0200, Bilboon wrote:
>Ok problem is solved: removing PEAK-0.5a4.dev_r2125-py2.4-linux-i686.egg
>and restarting install works.
>
>When PEAK installation stops because of RuleDispatch or PyProtocols
>dependence failure, the egg is created in site-packages.
>Future installations use it and don't rebuild the egg properly.
>
>Thx to my helpers ;)

I thought this problem sounded vaguely familiar; the issue is that Python's
zip import cache gets stale when the previous egg is replaced.  Startup of
Python with the egg on sys.path puts it into the zip cache, then the
installation process deletes it and puts a new copy in place.  This new
copy has different timestamps in it, causing it to be out of sync with the
cache in memory.

The problem was fixed a couple of months ago in the Subversion trunk for
easy_install, but it may not be in the released version.

Thanks again for the bug report, and sorry I wasn't able to investigate sooner.