[PEAK] RuleDispatch not on Cheeseshop?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Mar 3 13:34:48 EST 2006

Jay Parlar wrote:
> I know it can, and I've happily seen it do so in the past. My question
> (which seems to be heading more in the distutils realm of things), is,
> should projects be able to go up onto Cheeseshop if it's not possible
> for EasyInstall to install them?

Well, it's hard to add that requirement to an index which hasn't had
anything like that requirement in the past.

It would be nice to have an easier way to test the installation.  If we
have a good isolated-environment setup process, then
setup-isolated-environment-run-easy_install should be a one-step testing
process.  But that's kind of a separate issue.  I've been playing with
some stuff I'll post to distutils-sig.

If a package could hold its find_links setting, then I think a number of
installation problems would be improved.  I think we all agree that
would be good; it just needs someone to implement it.