[PEAK] dumb question about easy_install

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Wed Jun 28 20:56:02 EDT 2006

yeah you know i always plead with my users to write docs too, but it
happens very rarely.   i tend to work off of things that I see people
misunderstanding on a regular basis.

i have also seen a core group of users that are really comfortable
with the whole "setup.py develop" thing, although im not sure if its
so widely understood.  but it took a totally changed PYTHONPATH
behavior for me to really bother understanding it....though for this
particular issue I am just sticking some strategic "sys.path"
manipulations in some test scripts that I want people to be able to
run right from a local tarball/checkout.  then they dont have to set/
install anything for that particular use case.

"setup.py test" would be even nicer, and the test suite does build on
unittest, but I am playing some games with unittest to add "setUpAll
()" and "tearDownAll()" methods to test classes so im not sure if
"setup.py test" can work that way.....id have to look into it more
closely.