[PEAK] Interfaces

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Jun 28 13:14:21 EDT 2006

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>  I can't address your main question, but I can address a couple of
>  sub- points:
>
>  On Jun 27, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Terry Hancock wrote:
> > I learned interface/component/adapter methods originally while
> > working with Zope and Zope3, and found them to be extremely useful.
> > However, they are kind of a pain to install separately from Zope.
>
>  They shouldn't be...
>  easy_install -f http://download.zope.org/distribution/ zope.interface
>
>  should do the trick

Ah, improvements. Thanks for pointing that out!

However, the real reason is that my collaborator learned PyProtocols,
and I think he's using adaptation in his part of the project.  I'll have
to relay Eby's 'generic functions' comments on to him, and watch him
explode. ;-)

> > So, I'm starting to wonder if we're making a mistake by using
> > PyProtocols' interfaces. And if we are, then what *should* we be
> > using? Is there something out there that is a full superset of
> > both PyProtocols and Zope interfaces? Should I be looking at
> > Twisted (never touched that as yet)? Is there something else
> > entirely I should be looking at?
>
>  IIRC, Twisted currently uses zope.interface.

Thanks for that news, too.

Cheers,
Terry